Javelin Development Status
- Installing papercut to provide the NNTP plugin
- maybe needed for that: Python binding to the core (with SWIG)
- Further adapt the Core and phpBB to allow registering and logging in for users
- When that's done, posting messages via phpBB
- Spooler now supports spooling multiple messages at once, and a test is running.
- added a basic RSS interface
- mbox importer script and directory spooler
- nntp read-interface (thanks to papercut)
To make the core available to as many languages as possible, it is written in C, and
bindings to other languages are created with SWIG
The core library already has these functions: libjavelin.i.
We're cannabalising phpBB, stripping out a lot of stuff.
Viewing mostly works, registering/logging in/posting doesn't.
Spooler and Mbox-importer
A small spooler script and an importer for mbox-style files in Perl using the Core are done.
(just an idea, not implemented yet)
% notifications: event-typenotification typeargument(s)
% event types: newmessage. When a new message enters the system.
% notification types for 'newmessage': sendmail.
% forum doesn't need notification
% nntp doesn't need notification
newmessage sendmail /usr/bin/javelin-mail